BOX OFFICE ASSOCIATE
The 2020 Summer season will include the playhouse premiere of SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN (June 12-28), Michael Berkeley’s DIVAS GO HOLLYWOOD (July 3-5), the classic Lerner & Loewe musical romance BRIGADOON (JULY 10-26), the international sensation MAMMA MIA (July 31-August 16) and the rock and roll hit MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET (August 21-September 6).
Reports to: Box Office Manager(s)
Position: Part-Time/Full-Time (28-40 Hours per week)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Guest Relations; maintain superior customer service and act as a brand ambassador for the Sharon Playhouse.
· Assist all guests in a professional manner focused on establishing rapport and loyalty.
· Answer multi-line phone system promptly and with a courteous demeanor.
· Use of Patron Manger/Sales Force to process ticket sales, subscriptions, memberships, and exchanges over the phone or in person.
· Guarantee tickets are provided to guests via their preferred method of Mail, Will-Call, E-Mail, or in-person. Reprint tickets and/or subscriptions as necessary.
· Working the box office window during performances.
· Initial conflict resolution; ability to deescalate tense interactions and maintain composure.
· Cash handling, management of a cash drawer and daily deposits.
· Self-directed database clean-up.
· Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Box Office Managers.
· Flexibility - many hours for this position will be on nights and weekends.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, busy, and sometimes crowded workspace.
· Excellence in customer service, professional and enthusiastic with creative problem-solving skills.
· Team-minded player with the ability to work autonomously when necessary.
· Basic Microsoft Office, Excel/Word knowledge preferred.
· Strong Computer/Database/Technical skills.
· Previous Ticketing experience a plus.
Dates of employment approximately May - October 2020. Email cover letter and resume to Managing@sharonplayhouse.org Include “Box Office Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please.